Well, today marks one week in the hospital for Parker and nearly two weeks of being sick with pneumonia. We are a little frustrated and discouraged that things aren't changing. Parker has been under the care of the general pediatrics team throughout this hospital stay and they seem a little baffled by the situation as well. Since this is our first experience with a very serious sickness since Parker's diagnosis 4 and a half years ago, this is new for us as well. It's hard to know if what Parker's experiencing is "typical" of a child with PH who gets pneumonia or not. This morning, when some of the doctors came around still puzzling over Parker, Jason suggested that it might be helpful to get an opinion from one of the top pediatric PH doctors in the country. Parker's cardiologist, Dr. Williams, has consulted with them in the past just to make sure he was doing everything right for Parker. Parker and I actually met one of the doctors (Dr. Ivy from Colorado) when we attended the PH Conference in Florida this past summer. So, we'll see if anything comes from that. Parker also got moved AGAIN last night. He is on the regular floor again, but only because some really sick kids had to come to the PICU last night and they had to shuffle things around. Parker is considered the most stable, so they moved him. We're fine with this as long as he continues to get the extra care that he still needs and that the nurses can deal with his high oxygen need.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
:( Nuff said :(
HI Jenny I just wanted to say that you and your family are in my prayers and I can see that this is such a hard thing and I admire how strong you have all been. I look up to you a lot as an aunt so thank you :) Love you.
Post a Comment