Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Parker Update - Day 7 continued


Parker had a pretty good day today. Jason and I switched places around lunch time, so I hadn't been with Parker for about 18 hours. As I spent the afternoon with him, I really felt like I was seeing small (teeny tiny) improvements. His appetite was a little better, he seemed perkier, and his oxygen saturation on average was a few points higher. I sincerely hope that means were getting close to turning a corner!

Grandma and Grandpa Wardle, Kelsey and Connor came by to visit after school today. Parker was so excited to see them and show them some of the stuff he has collected over the past week. Unfortunately, he had a big cough that made him gag and he threw up while they were here, so they had to leave while we cleaned that up. All that excitement wore him plum out and he fell asleep for a while before dinner.

His kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Stone, and her husband also came by for a visit. She brought handmade cards from each of the kids in Parker's class. It was so sweet! Parker teared up a little, trying very hard not to cry, but I think he loved that his friends from school did this for him. There were several crayon drawings of Spiderman and Ironman, which Parker loved. He also loved that each card had his name on it--he went through each card to make sure his name was spelled right :) This special visit and the cards was a great way to end the day. Thank you Mrs. Stone's kindergarten class!!

2 comments:

Melissa S. said...

OH! That is so so so so sweet he went through every card to make sure his name was spelled right. He's such a sweet boy. We have been thinking about and praying for you like crazy down here. Much love

Unknown said...

I loved seeing him! I gave our class the report yesterday and they wanted to know exactly what he said about each card :) We are missing him! He is in the thoughts and prayers of our entire class.