Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day...for real!!!

We finally got some good snow in North Carolina today! The kids were sooooo excited; they were outside playing in the snow-filled yard by 8:30 this morning. I went out there with them and I actually had to teach them how to make a snowball and a snowman--you can tell they haven't seen much snow! We played in the snow until our noses and cheeks were red and our feet were wet. When we came inside, Connor said we had to have hot chocolate because that's what you do after you play in the snow according to Sesame Street--so we did. School was cancelled, of course, so Kelsey and Connor enjoyed playing in the snow several more times throughout the day. Although it was fun to play in today, I must admit that I do not miss winters full of snow like Jason and I had growing up in Utah--once or twice a year is fine by me! But, I can't deny the beauty of a freshly fallen snow covering everything outside. 








3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice! You've got more snow on the ground now than we do. That doesn't make sense. I am definetely ready though for warmer days.

Wendy said...

That is so great that you had to teach them how to make a snowball! The snowman looks awesome guys!

Barbara Romney said...

I agree, Jen. Snow once or twice a year would be enough fo me!