Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Parker Update



Parker has been off of his oxygen during the day for almost 2 months now! He is growing and getting stronger everyday. It is so amazing to see the progress that he has made in the last few months. He is almost running now (he tries so hard to keep up with the big kids...), he can stand up from sitting (something he worked really hard at until he got it), and he can walk with weights on his ankles and pick up a weighted ball. Today his physical therapist decided that he is doing so well, that she only needs to come every other week instead of every week and eventually she will only have to come once a month. She has been so impressed with the progress that he has steadily made each week. I always tell her that Parker does his own physical therapy every day--he NEVER stops moving! He has numerous bumps, bruises and scrapes to prove that he is one active little boy. He has really enjoyed being outside lately; I think he would stay out there all day if I would let him. On Saturday, we spent a few hours outside and when it was time to come in I just had to laugh at Parker. He had dirt in his fingernails and his knees and bottom were a mess. I told him he was dirty just like a little boy ought to be! We are looking very forward to celebrating his 2nd birthday next month at home with lots of balloons, cake, and presents!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

That's wonderful! He has grown so much. . . next potty training!!

Grandpa Romney said...

He looks so happy. He looks alot like his Grandpa Romney did at his age. Our prayers are being answered.

Unknown said...

He looks so good! I'm hapy he is doing so well. We pray it will continue!!

Linda said...

I am so glad things are going better.... I am sure that God has heard and awnsered your prayers! I hope little Parker has a great birthday!

charwardle said...

It is so great to see the progress Parker made in a year. Enjoy every minute with all your children, before you know it they will be all grown up. Love you lots Grandma,