Friday, March 20, 2009

Potty Training?!?


Tonight something amazing happened....Parker peed and pooped (excuse the language) in the potty!!!!!!!!!! I can only say that I am truly amazed. I was not planning on even thinking about potty training for another 6 months or so. But, Parker seems to have a fascination with the potty and with sitting on it. It all started a couple of days ago. He kept walking into the bathroom and doing the sign for potty (thanks, "Baby Signing Time"!) and so, eventually I asked him if he wanted to sit on the potty--he giggled happily which means yes. I sat him on the big potty for a minute and he seemed to think it was pretty cool. Well, that happened again a couple of hours later, so I decided I might as well take advantage of an opportunity that might not present itself again. I dug out the little potty that I used for both Kelsey and Connor, cleaned it off, and set it up in the bathroom for Parker. He was so excited to sit on it. We called it the "Parker Potty". He sat there for a few minutes while the bathtub filled and lo, and behold, when I took him off, he had actually peed!!! I clapped and praised him like you wouldn't believe--I don't think he understood what he had done, but he got excited anyway, and he touched the pee to make sure it was really there, giggling all the while. Potty training here we come??? Maybe. To be continued...

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Way to go Parker!!! Your a big boy now!