Friday, March 19, 2010

Parker Update

"Often, it's those whose hearts struggle to beat who love more fully, laugh more wholly, and live like they have nothing to lose."~ pha.org


I love this quote! Even as young as Parker is, I really feel like he already lives his life this way. He is doing great! In just a few weeks he will be 3 years old. Amazing! It has been over 2 years now since his diagnosis of Pulmonary Hypertension. He proves every day that this disease can be beaten. His condition is very stable right now, with no significant improvements as of yet, but we remain hopeful. He now weighs an incredible 26 pounds, he talks and sings non-stop, and he runs everywhere. In other words, he is a completely normal 2 year old. In June, he will undergo another heart catheterization, which we are not looking forward to, but hopefully he will come through just fine. He blesses our lives in so many ways and I continue to be amazed by all that we have learned in the last 2 years because of him.

2 comments:

JennaK said...

What an amazing spirit!

Wendy said...

what a cutie! I love that quote Jen, I think he gets that laughing fun attitude from his mommy!