Thursday, March 27, 2014

and it's a...


We're having another boy!
That's right, 3 boys.

I guess Kelsey and I are still out-numbered (but as she says she will get to retain the position of favorite daughter!).  Connor seemed happy about it even though he had recently changed his I don't care vote to a girl. Parker is thrilled--he wanted it to be a boy and as soon as he heard he shouted, "I knew it!!!"
We made the kids wait all day until after dinner to tell them the news. I made blue cupcakes in foil liners and frosted them white so you couldn't see the blue. Unfortunately, they didn't really get the meaning of the blue cupcake until I said, "What does blue mean?!" and Kelsey finally said, "It's a boy?" So the announcement was a bit anti-climactic (not what I had pictured in my head). I guess I should have told them ahead of time that if the cupcake was blue it meant boy and if it was pink it meant girl....

Jason and I are both happy and very excited for this little guy to join the family in a few more months. He looked great on the ultrasound and is growing and developing just like he should. Parker and Connor thought the ultrasound picture of the "boy part" was hilarious and they couldn't stop laughing and giggling about that.

Now we have to come up with a name. All the boy names we had already come up just don't seem right now that we know we're having a boy. Any suggestions?

Hurray for boys!!!

1 comment:

Mr Smith & I said...

umm why does the picture have your head cut off? haha. I love the news! And I love how things work out differently than we planned in our heads, ahaha. It's like… ok wait, let me go back, oh well whatever, ha!