My almost constant companion and sidekick for the last 5 years started Kindergarten today...sniff, sniff :( Connor has been SO excited to start Kindergarten and ride the bus--he has been asking me "Is it Friday yet?" for the last 2 weeks! Last night we read the book "The Night Before Kindergarten" and at the end it talks about how all the parents were crying. So I told Connor I might cry too. He seemed puzzled about that so I explained how much I was going to miss having him here with me all day. I'm not sure Connor had put starting Kindergarten and being away from Mom all day together, because he suddenly got very sad and he hugged me for about 5 minutes and said that he was going to miss me too. I told him everything would be great, though, because he was going to Kindergarten--it would be so cool and so much fun that he would forget all about me. As he climbed into bed, he was still frowning, so I asked him if he was sad and he threw himself into my shoulder and said "YES!!!" and started to cry, but just for a few seconds, because I reminded him once again how great school would be. He woke up this morning and was dressed and ready to go in record time. Then he said to me, "When I was in my bed last night, I was worried about you." (How cute is that?) I assured him that I would be just fine, even if I cried a little bit. We are so proud and excited for him and we know that he is going to love Kindergarten.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hi Connor, we know you will love school and riding the big yellow bus. Have a great year. Love Grandma
Connor we are so glad you had a great time at school! And Jenn, us mommies find a way to survive without them, though it is rough sometimes. Now that mine are all grown.... I have days when they are gone that I miss those times so much when they would throw themselves into your arms. That doesn't happen much anymore.... but sometimes..... and that is when you realize that they will never stop needing you {hugs}
How sweet. We love you Connor! Good luck with schoool :)
Post a Comment