Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Parker Update--Look at Him Now!!!


Parker is doing fantastic right now! He is walking EVERYWHERE and getting into EVERYTHING!!! But, it is wonderful! We are so happy with the progress that he has continued to make. He had his monthly cardiology appointment yesterday with Dr. Williams and I took him WITHOUT oxygen...His doctor and nurses were so impressed. He has been off his oxygen during the day for 2 straight weeks now. He even had his first echocardiogram off of oxygen since he was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension almost 1 year ago! It is hard to believe it has been 1 year already. What a CRAZY year it has been!!! And, what a difference 1 year can make...last year at this same time, Parker hated eating--it was the most frustrating part of the day for both of us. He only weighed 17 pounds. He could barely sit up. He couldn't crawl and he cried inconsolably many, many nights. But, just look at him now!!! He's walking, crawling, eating and enjoying it, and now he weighs 21 pounds 5 ounces! So, even though our lives were turned upside down last February, and we had the toughest year ever, I can't help but feel pure joy when I look back and see where we were and where we are now. We are so grateful for Parker and the wonderful blessing he is in our lives!

4 comments:

Tiffany Steele said...

Wow I sooo glad he is doing soo well...and he is such a cutie!!

Barbara Romney said...

Our own little miracle--what a blessing!!

Linda said...

I love being able to see what your darling family is up to.... and I just wanted to say how much I admire and respect what you are going through with a little one with health challenges. I know our Father in Heaven challenges his valiant children because they will become stronger and more faithful through trials. You are an amazing person( always have been- even way back when;) ) and I can tell you are an amazing mom.... What a great little family!

charwardle said...

It is so wonderful to look at Parker and see all the wonderful blessing that are taking place, we love all our family so much, and thank Heavenly Father everyday for the blessing he gives us. We love you so much, wish we could give you all big hugs!!