Recently I was contacted by the executive director of the NYC chapter of the Pulmonary Hypertension Association. They are planning their first annual NYC gala in November and they wanted to use my pump packs to decorate the tables instead of centerpieces. They wanted 25 fun kids pump packs in different sizes with different "themes". After the gala they plan to donate the pump packs to a local pediatric PH center in NYC. The PH center will give the pump packs to children who have a broviac catheter connected to a pump (like Parker) that administers medication continuously to help treat the symptoms of PH. I thought this was a great idea and was very excited to be part of it. I have never had this large of an order or done much with different designs, but I was definitely up for the challenge.
I'm happy to say that after several hours of work, I was extremely pleased with the pump packs. They turned out so well! I think kids will love having something fun on their pump packs. I am very happy that I got to contribute in this way to help several children who have PH, like Parker. This is the very reason I started making and selling the pump packs--so I could help other children like Parker. Even though this project was a lot of work, it was also a lot of fun! And another bonus--I can now offer these fun pump packs to my regular clients.
Check out my website!!

No comments:
Post a Comment