Monday, August 25, 2008

Mystery Diagnosis Episode

Jen's parents called last night to tell us they saw an episode of Mystery Diagnosis on the Discovery Channel that profiled one girl's story in finding a diagnosis for Pulmonary Hypertension. We had heard of the episode but hadn't made an effort to watch yet. Fortunately, it didn't take us 15 years to get an accurate diagnosis for Parker (I don't understand how this girl survived that long without treatment) but much of this girl's experience is similar to our experience with trying to figure out what was going on with Parker. I've posted the episode online if you want to watch:

Mystery Diagnosis - The Girl Nobody Believed

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Jen,
Oh my goodness that was so good to watch. It makes me understand a little bit ("little" being the key word) what you are going through. I loved how she said each day is a gift. We should all live our lives like that, it shouldn't have to take a terminal diagnosis to make that happen. Unfortunately, most of us take the ability to breath and be healthy for granted. Parker is also an inspiration to us all. He is a little fighter. He is really special, he is a "gift". I am sure that by witnessing and being a part of, what he goes through every day of his life we will all learn from him and hopefully be better for it. I love you my sweet sister, and you have to know that you are truly a special daughter of God to be chosen to mother such a special little one. Thanks for all your updates and your inspiration, it's so hard to be so far away when we want to be right there with you!